Public Meetings Scheduled to Discuss Block Grants/HOME Programs and Action Plan
The City of New Brunswick, as per the directive of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, will hold two public meetings on Wednesday May 23, 2018 at 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. in the Department of Planning, Community and Economic Development, 25 Kirkpatrick Street, 2nd Floor, New Brunswick, N.J . The agenda of the public meetings is to discuss:
- The progress of the City’s 2017-18 Community Development Block Grant and HOME Programs;
- The completed 2018-19 One Year Consolidated Action Plan in accordance with the January 5, 1995 Federal Register. The purpose of the Consolidated Plan is to serve as a planning tool for States and local governments.
The City of New Brunswick will begin the fourth incremental year of its Five Year Consolidated Plan on July 1, 2018. The One Year Action Plan prepared by the City discusses the City’s plan for the use of federal, state, local and private monies which it expects to become available between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
The City anticipates receiving a grant of approximately $858,133 from HUD for the Community Development Block Grant Program during the period of applicability. The City also anticipates receiving a grant of approximately $518,234 for participation in the HOME Program. The goal of the HOME Program is to create public/private partnerships in order to develop projects to expand the supply of affordable housing and increase the number of families who can receive assistance in obtaining affordable housing.
The 2018-19 One Year Consolidated Plan will be available for review and comment to interested citizens at the following locations during regular office hours:
- City of New Brunswick- Department of Planning, Community and Economic Development, 25 Kirkpatrick Street, 2nd Floor, New Brunswick, N.J.
- New Brunswick Public Library— 60 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick, N.J.
- Housing Authority of the City of New Brunswick, Administrative Offices— 7 Van Dyke Ave., New Brunswick, N.J.
- The City’s website at http://thecityofnewbrunswick.org/planninganddevelopment/
The Plan will be available beginning on May 24, 2018. All comments must be received by the Department of Planning, Community and Economic Development, in writing, no later than June 24, 2018. Same should be addressed to:
Dan Dominguez, Community Development Administrator
Dept. of Planning, Community and Economic Development
25 Kirkpatrick St.
New Brunswick, N.J. 08903-0269