Operating Hours and Statuses of City Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens as of May 22, 2020
Operating hours and statuses of the City’s food pantries and soup kitchens
(Current as of May 22, 2020 – ALWAYS contact the organization before going or donating)
OPEN (no changes)
- Christ Church New Brunswick Food Pantry, 5 Paterson St, 732-545-6262 or 732-543-3065
- Hours of Operation: 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays of the month: 6:00pm– 7:30pm,
- Last 2 Fridays of the month: 9:00am- 10:30am
- Last 2 Saturdays of the month: 10:30am– 12:00pm
- Emergency food distribution is subject to items available.
- New Brunswick Seventh Day Adventist Church, 339 Livingston Ave, 732-745-4858
- Hours: Sunday, 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Emergency food is available to New Brunswick residents and those within the church community every Wednesday.
- Sharon Baptist Church, 25 Howard St, 732-846-0669
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Will serve until either supplies or time expires.
- St. Alban’s Church Food Pantry, 148 Lee Avenue, 732-247-0808
- Hours: Wednesday 7:00pm– 8:30pm
- St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry, 29 Abeel St, 732-309-2142
- Hours: Wednesday and Saturday, 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Emergency food distribution is provided
- Suydam Street Reformed Church, 74 Drift St, 732-249-6803
- Hours: Saturday 9:00am – 10:30am
- Sunday 7:30am – 8:30am
- Monday 9:00am – 10:00am
- Canned and packaged goods are available through the pantry and bread and pastries are distributed on Sundays.
OPEN (with changes)
- Bayard Street Presbyterian Church, 107 Bayard St, 732-247-0384 or 732-672-3793
- TEMPORARY HOURS: 9:00am - 2:00pm, last Saturday of the month
- Nonperishable food toiletries, clothing, household items, and paper goods are available to those in need.
- Central Jersey Diaper Bank/Anshe Emeth Community Development Corporation, 222 Livingston Ave, 732-296-2922
- As long as they have the ability/inventory, the Diaper Bank will be of service
- Ebenezer Baptist Church, Feed My Sheep Ministry, Soup Kitchen: 126 Lee Avenue, 732-247-2459
- Thursday and Friday 11:00am - 2pm - Home Deliveries also offered
- Elijah's Promise, 18 Neilson Street, 732-545-9002 ext. 117
- Hours: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00pm
- To-go meals only.
- Donation Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00am-1:00pm
- Social Services will not be taking new clients at this time. They will be in touch with their current clients.
- Promise Clinic is suspended until further notice.
- Five Loaves Food Pantry Store at Second Reformed Church of New Brunswick, 100 College Avenue, 732-545-1019
- Monday-Wednesday, 10:00am – 2:00pm, Wednesday 5:00pm - 8:00pm (Closed the 3rd Wednesday of the month)
- Greater Brunswick Charter School, 429 Joyce Kilmer Ave, 732-448-1052 x 104
- Grab-and-go lunch: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00am to 1:00pm
- The Food Pantry: Wednesdays, 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- The Food Pantry is only open to GBCS students and their families.
- PRAB, Inc. – Multi-Service Center, 90 Jersey Ave, 732-828-4510 x.136
- All services are by phone only and Pantry is by delivery.
- Pantry is only available on Thursdays to a limited number of families. Cases are determined on individual need
- REVISED HOURS: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- ID or residency requirements have been waved at this time. Clients must sign in and provide a phone number.
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: CLOSED INDEFINITELY
- Vanessa’s Pantry at Emanuel Lutheran Church: TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING OPERATION UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE