Operating Hours and Statuses of City Food Pantries and Soup Kitchens as of July 27, 2020
Operating hours and statuses of the City’s food pantries and soup kitchens
(Current as of July 27, 2020 – ALWAYS contact the organization before going or donating)
OPEN (no changes)
- Christ Church New Brunswick Food Pantry, 5 Paterson St, 732-545-6262 or 732-543-3065
- Hours of Operation: 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays of the month: 6:00pm– 7:30pm,
- Last 2 Fridays of the month: 9:00am- 10:30am
- Last 2 Saturdays of the month: 10:30am– 12:00pm
- Emergency food distribution is subject to items available.
- New Brunswick Seventh Day Adventist Church, 339 Livingston Ave, 732-745-4858
- Hours: Sunday, 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Emergency food is available to New Brunswick residents and those within the church community every Wednesday.
- Sharon Baptist Church, 25 Howard St, 732-846-0669
- Every Wednesday, 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- Will serve until either supplies or time expires.
- St. Alban’s Church Food Pantry, 148 Lee Avenue, 732-247-0808
- Hours: Wednesday 7:00pm– 8:30pm
- Emergency food is available for those in need
- St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry, 29 Abeel St, 732-309-2142
- Hours: Wednesday and Saturday, 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Emergency food distribution is provided
- Suydam Street Reformed Church, 74 Drift St, 732-249-6803
- Hours: Saturday 9:00am – 10:30am
- Sunday 7:30am – 8:30am
- Monday 9:00am – 10:00am
- Canned and packaged goods are available through the pantry and bread and pastries are distributed on Sundays.
OPEN (with changes)
- Abundant Life Family Worship Church, 259 George Street, 732-
- One food distribution event per month. Call for information.
- Bayard Street Presbyterian Church, 107 Bayard St, 732-247-0384 or 732-672-3793
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm, last Saturday of the month
- Nonperishable food toiletries, clothing, household items, and paper goods are available to those in need.
- Central Jersey Diaper Bank/Anshe Emeth Community Development Corporation, 222 Livingston Ave, 732-296-2922
- Distributing 2 weeks worth of diapers, wipes and formula (if possible) every Thursday from 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Ebenezer Baptist Church, Feed My Sheep Ministry, Soup Kitchen: 126 Lee Avenue, 732-247-2459
- Thursday and Friday 11:00am - 2pm - Home Deliveries also offered
- Elijah's Promise, 18 Neilson Street, 732-545-9002 ext. 117
- Hours: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday and Sunday: 12:00pm - 1:30pm.
- To-go meals only.
- Donation Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00am-1:00pm
- Social Services will not be taking new clients at this time. They will be in touch with their current clients.
- Promise Clinic is suspended until further notice.
- Five Loaves Food Pantry Store at Second Reformed Church of New Brunswick, 100 College Avenue, 732-545-1019
- Monday-Wednesday, 10:00am – 2:00pm, Wednesday 5:00pm - 8:00pm (Closed the 3rd Wednesday of the month)
- Greater Brunswick Charter School, 429 Joyce Kilmer Ave, 732-448-1052 x 104
- Grab-and-go lunch: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00am to 1:00pm
- The Food Pantry: Wednesdays, 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- The Food Pantry is only open to any New Brunswick residents.
- PRAB, Inc. – Multi-Service Center, 90 Jersey Ave, 732-828-4510 x.136
- All services are by phone only and Pantry is by delivery.
- Pantry is only available on Thursdays to a limited number of families. Cases are determined on individual need
- Monday to Friday 10:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 2:00pm.
- Every last Monday of the month: 10:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 3:30pm.
- Home delivery available to families that are sick due to COVID and seniors.
- ID or residency requirements have been waved at this time. Clients must sign in and provide a phone number.
- Tuesdays 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursdays 3:00pm - 5:00pm
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: CLOSED INDEFINITELY