Expanded Eligibility for New Jersey’s COVID-19 Vaccination Program Announced
TRENTON (March 26, 2021) – Governor Murphy today announced the expansion of eligibility for more frontline essential workers and high-risk groups in New Jersey’s COVID-19 vaccination program. Eligible groups include individuals ages 55-64, individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, higher education educators and staff, and communications and utility infrastructure workers among others.
“Our Administration has worked closely with communities to build an extensive vaccination infrastructure and has opened over 700 vaccination sites across the state,” said Governor Murphy. “We are already averaging approximately half a million shots per week, and with an expected increase in our federal allocation, we are confident we can expand our vaccination program to more of our essential workers and vulnerable populations. Together with our community partners and a steady supply of vaccine from the federal government, we will meet – and exceed – our goal of vaccinating 4.7 million New Jersey adults.”
Beginning Monday, April 5, the following groups are eligible for vaccination:
- Individuals ages 55-64;
- Individuals ages 16 and up with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Educators, including support staff, in higher education settings;
- Communications infrastructure support, including engineers, and technicians, and members of the press;
- Real estate, building, and home service workers, including construction workers, code officials, plumbers, electricians, HVAC technicians, property management, and maintenance workers;
- Retail financial institution workers, including bank tellers, lending services, public accounting, and check-cashing workers;
- Sanitation workers providing disinfection and janitorial services, city sanitation workers; residential, commercial, and industrial solid and hazardous waste removal workers;
- Laundry service workers, including those working in laundromats, laundry services, and dry cleaners;
- Utility workers including, electrical generation and supply system, natural gas delivery, nuclear power plant, water supply, telephone, cable/fiber/optical/broadband/cellular service workers; and,
- Librarians and support staff at municipal, county, and state libraries.
For more information about eligibility, statewide vaccination site locations, and to preregister for a vaccination, visit https://covid19.nj.gov/vaccine.
For more information on CDC criteria for eligibility, please click here.