Rutgers University and the City of New Brunswick are partnering in ProjectMoveOut, a free bulk waste recycling initiative to recover discarded furniture, appliances and textiles in order to keep these items out of landfills and reduce our carbon footprint.
For this year's event:
- Drop off will take place Monday - Friday, May 24-28 in Lot 30 behind the College Ave Gym.
- Hours will be 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Rutgers IDs are required, but no preregistration.
- Masks and social distancing are required.
Materials which will not be collected by Project Move Out include:
- vegetative waste
- construction materials
- regular household garbage
- hazardous waste
- flammable/explosive waste
- mandatory recyclable materials
For more information: http://ruoffcampus.rutgers.edu/projectmoveout
In addition, the Department of Public Works will have a drop-off available to Rutgers Students and property owners renting to Rutgers students on Wednesday May 26 and again on Wednesday, June 2, from 10am-2pm at 400 Jersey Ave. Rutgers IDS required for students and masks required as well.