Policies and Procedures
The Mission Statement of the New Brunswick Senior Citizen Resource Center is to:
- Provide information and referral services
- Create a caring and nurturing environment
- Stimulate interests, creativity and artistic expressions
- Offer support systems for seniors to lead active and independent lives
- Make connections in the community
- Promote the celebration of life through physical and mental well-being.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Members of the New Brunswick Senior Citizen Resource Center shall govern themselves by the following Code of Conduct:
- Members shall treat others with courtesy and respect
- Members shall not use profanity or engage in the use of derogatory comments, or language that is abusive, threatening, loud, insulting, or harassing
- Members shall not fight, encourage others to fight, bully, or engage in disruptive behavior
- Members shall not damage or deface Center property
- Members shall not remove any property from the Center or place items within the Center without permission from the Director
- Members shall not steal
- Members shall not bring alcohol, illegal drugs, or weapons to the Center
- Members shall not engage in solicitation within the Center
- Members shall govern themselves by the “General Rules” of the Center
Any infraction to the above may be grounds for a verbal or written warning, suspension, or expulsion from the New Brunswick Senior Citizen Resource Center with all the rights and privileges thereof.
The New Brunswick Senior Center thanks you in advance for your anticipated cooperation in adhering to and abiding by the Code of Conduct and General Rules of the Center.
- Members of the New Brunswick Senior Citizen Resource Center must be able to care for themselves independently while participating in Center activities.
- Proper personal hygiene is expected from all members, which requires daily bathing and clean clothes for health purposes and common courtesy for all members.
- The Center is not responsible for the security, damage, or theft of any personal belongings or misplaced items in the Center or on its grounds.
- All members, visitors, and guests must sign their name upon entrance into the Center at the Reception Desk.
- Members should always carry their Senior Center identification card while attending the Center.
- All foods and beverages must be consumed in the dining room area.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the Center by City Ordinance Pers NJAC5: 18-3.3 (k).
- The Center will not accept personal or social calls for members. However, emergency calls are accepted.
- The New Brunswick Senior Citizen Resource Center, in conjunction with the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the City of New Brunswick’s policy, prohibits discrimination in employment, services and all related programs on the basis of color, race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age or handicap.
- Members shall govern themselves by the Center’s Code of Conduct.