Your City appreciates the interaction of its residents in projects that help beautify and maintain our areas, and instill pride in our neighborhoods through collective effort.
Volunteering can also provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction. Doing good for others and the community can provide a natural sense of accomplishment. Your role as a volunteer can also give you a sense of pride and identity.
If you're thinking about how you want to benefit from volunteering, good start is to find an opportunity that's right for you.
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.